I'm watching High School Musical for the first time (since there's no Glee until the fall). Here are my impressions:
- Kelsi is totally hot for Gabriella and wouldn't mind Troy joining in.
- The hip-hop intellectual looks like callmeinfrench.
- The music seems to be Disney-standard tripe, elevated by good performances.
- The writing? Christ have mercy.
- Dancing made it fun -- the best musical about high-school students since West Side Story, and Grease, and... okay, this is faint praise, but ultimately the proof of my satisfaction is that I'll be watching High School Musical 2 sometime soon. ...-ish.